5 Reasons Carson Valley is the Best Summer 2020 Trip You Can Take
Are you ready for some wide-open spaces?
Carson Valley offers plenty of activities to ensure you have a great summer. And it’s easy to get to! Whether you’re road trippin’ from out of state, or are heading out to #DiscoverYourNevada, the journey is as beautiful as the destination. Keep scrolling for a few ideas to get your imagination started.
1. Track down some fun on our UTV trails. Whether you’re a beginner and don’t know why there are so many acronyms for ATV/OHV/UTV/MX (or is it just us?), or been kickin’ up dirt for years, you’ll find exhilarating 4×4 tracks in and around Carson Valley.
2. Fly across the sky like an eagle. Enjoy the gorgeous views from above while you soar in an engineless glider. Did you know Carson Valley is one of the best places in the world for soaring? Seriously, records have been set here, and it’s the practice ground for the Perlan II mission. Learn more about high-flying here.
Check out the details from SoaringNV and don’t forget your camera!
3. Hiking/biking is a great way to practice social distancing while enjoying great views. Bonus: You’ll grab a workout before you realize it! Carson Valley offers miles of well-developed trails. Where else can you hike up to a waterfall and back, just to end at Nevada’s Oldest Thirst Parlor?
4. With great weather and a foodie’s patio dining dream, you won’t go hungry while visiting Carson Valley. Expanded patios are available at most restaurants during the summer. Some may have the company of local deer. Click here to get all the info on the dining scene in CV, and keep scrolling for outside dining options.
Overland Restaurant and Pub
1862 David Walley’s Saloon
Minden Meat and Deli
Genoa Country Store
Grill Next Door
5. Dangberg Home Ranch isn’t doing tours of the ranch house quite yet, but you can social distance on the beautiful scenic grounds. The mountain backdrop will take your breath away. Keep your eyes open and watch for all kinds of wildlife, like the resident barn owls. You may even get lucky and see a real cowboy on the neighboring ranch.
Whatever form of adventure you seek, there’s plenty to do in Carson Valley. Follow along on social media @CarsonValleyNevada, and check out more blog articles for insights.