5 Reasons to Get Out of Your Car in Carson Valley – October 2019
Don’t just drive through it, drive to it!
Really, is there anything better than anticipating ‘sweater weather’? Other than actual ‘sweater weather’ that is. Keep reading for five of the top reasons to make Carson Valley your October destination.
- In Carson Valley the leaves are turning brilliant shades of yellow, orange and red, and there’s a morning chill in the air that brings a crisp freshness after the summer heat. It’s time to pack up the beach gear and break out the boots. Check out this link for the timing of the fall fireworks display.
- Main Street Gardnerville’s Fall Fest – You had me at coffin races. A tisket, a tasket, teams get creative with their caskets…and race them down Slaughterhouse Lane. There’s also a harvest festival, scarecrow making, and awesome food and vendors. Mark your calendar for October 5, 9am-3pm.
- Chocolate Shoppe – There’s no month that’s better than any other to visit the Chocolate Shoppe, we just had to bring them up. Walk in and the first thing you see is a smiling face handing you a candy sample. Yes please! Find yourself the ultimate host gift, or self-indulgent treat. Either way, you wont regret stopping here.
- Corley Ranch Harvest Festival – a real working ranch raising cattle, farming, and hosting a pumpkin patch and corn maze every October! Weekends boast hay slides, farm animals, mini golf, pig races, oh my! Bring the family for a ‘autumn’ time.
- Get outside and have your own #NVAdventure. Explore the trails, found on every point of the compass around the valley, and take in the fall colors, then check out the golf courses and gather a batch of birdies.
You’d miss so much if you simply drive through town, and didn’t stop to take a peek of things off the beaten path. There’s plenty more to do in Carson Valley this fall, whether you’re interested in events or adventures. Share your escapades with us by tagging your social post with #WhyCV.