The Board of Directors shall consist of nine voting members serving three year terms corresponding to the Carson Valley Visitors Authority fiscal year, and the Executive Director as a non-voting member. The board has approved shared board seats. In those cases, an * is entered next to both representatives listed below.
There are nine board seats/votes in total. The nine voting members of Board of Directors shall be represented by:
- A minimum of three and maximum of four from lodging or other transient
- A minimum of three and maximum of four from non-lodging, tourism related positions
that have a vested interest in a tourism related business(s).
- An at-large member of the business community not directly involved in tourism.
- A Douglas County Board of Commissioners member whose term may vary by
appointment as is determined by the county commission board.
- The Carson Valley Visitors Authority Executive Director, as an advisory non-voting
Current 2019-2020 Board of Directors
- Matt Carter* | Chair |Carson Valley Inn
- Mendy Haskell | Vice Chair | 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs & Resort
- Carlo Luri | Treasurer | Bently Heritage Estate Distillery
- Debra Lang | Past Chair | Holiday Inn Express & Suites
- Bill Henderson* | Director | Carson Valley Inn
- Larry Walsh | Director | Douglas County
- Bobbi Thompson* | Director | Minden-Tahoe Airport
- Chris Johnson* | Director | Minden-Tahoe Airport
- Dan Aynesworth | Member-at-large | Genoa
- Scott Morgan* | Director | Douglas County Community Services
- Brian Fitzgerald* | Director | Douglas County Community Services
- Lois Wray | Director | The Pink House
- Jan Vandermade | Executive Director | Visit Carson Valley