Nevada experiences all four seasons, sometimes in the same day! Check here for the local weather forecasts.
For state and local resources, use the following resources:
Welcome back to Carson Valley- adventure, connection, celebration and relaxation. When you return, please adhere to these guidelines for safe travel.
When planning a trip to Nevada, please follow the official guideline for your state and be aware of the travel guidelines for the state of Nevada.
Carson Valley is located in Douglas County, Nevada. Douglas County contracts with Carson City Health and Human Services, as do two other counties, and make up the Quad-County Region. Get up-to-date information about COVID-19 cases in the Quad-County region.
Please contact us with any questions regarding your trip to beautiful Carson Valley. We are here to help you in any way! Email [email protected], or call 775-782-8145.
Yes! We are a premiere destination and will always be a warm and welcoming spot for visitors! We look forward to welcoming tourists who love Nevada as much as we do in the safest and most responsible way. Hotels, restaurants and a variety of special tourism services are all open and look forward to seeing you!
In extreme conditions or circumstances, please be sure and check conditions before traveling.
- Best Western Topaz Lake
- Historian Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites
- Holiday Lodge
- Quality Inn
- Sierra Motel
- The White House Inn Genoa
- Topaz Lodge and RV Park
Yes! Here are just a few ideas
- Carson Valley Museum and Cultural Center, and Genoa Courthouse Museum
- Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park
- Carson Valley Swim Center
- Hiking, biking and trails
- JT Wild Horse Tours and Country Excursions
- All four Carson Valley golf courses
- Soaring NV, Balloon Nevada, Skydive Lake Tahoe
- Shop local
- Parks and day-use facilities
- Wink’s Silver Strike Bowling Lanes
- Disc golf
- Did we already say eat? There’s no limit to the options and diversity!
The Visitors Office and Chamber are located inside the Museum and Cultural Center at 1479 US-395, Gardnerville, NV. Print material and concierge style travel assistance is available at these locations. Please feel free to contact our office Monday – Friday 9am-5pm at 775-782-8145.
Read our history blogs. There’s way more to this valley than beautiful scenery and amazing outdoor recreation.