About 17 miles of forest service roads and rocky jeep trails can be found at this OHV area. These are just rocky roads, not motorcycle trails. You will not find any single track, but the scenery makes this a good choice for a slow ATV loop, or ATV camping trip. The area is not crowded and fishing, boating, and primitive camping are permitted. Please respect the land by packing out what you bring in and by leaving the area cleaner that what you found it. This will help keep the area open for future riders to enjoy.
From Gardnerville, NV
1) Take US-395 south about 7 miles.
2) Turn right on China Springs Rd. (FS-690), continue about .2 miles.
3) Look for the large turnout on the right, park/stage here.
4) To hit the trail, veer right on Horseshoe Bend Rd. (the road behind the tree that heads southwest, not the sharp right that heads up the hill).
5) The road proceeds past a few houses on the left then over the ridge.