Carson Valley hosts events that span the gamut of interests. There is always a reason to plan your trip and spend some time in each of our four towns.
Topaz Lodge Fishing Derby
Topaz Lodge Fishing Derby begins on New Year’s Day and continues through mid-April. Angler’s catch tagged fish in Topaz Lake, a popular fishing spot on the California-Nevada border, for cash and prizes. Where else do you get paid to fish?
Eagles and Agriculture
The Eagles and Ag celebration in February is a chance to observe the raptors (including bald eagles!) that visit Carson Valley during the calving season each winter. Get exclusive access to ranches for viewing, hear directly from the ranchers, and share experiences with other birders and wildlife lovers.
Genoa Western Heritage Day
Featured artists like Waddie Mitchell, Dave Stamey, Tom Russell and a host of others have put this festival on the map. Add Native American infusions, a dinner-dance, and workshops and you have a Saturday in April that’s not to be missed.
Wings of Freedom
The best way to relive the history of WWII aircraft is the take a once-in-a-lifetime flight on board the B-17, B-24 and P-51. The Collings Foundation is proud to offer their Flight Experiences on the Wings of Freedom Tour in over 110 cities annually.
Music in the Parks
Throughout the summer Carson Valley parks feature a slew of musical events. Choose your spot, drop your blanket, and take in a concert while the sun dips behind the Sierras.
Carson Valley Days
Each year on the second weekend of June, the community celebrates Carson Valley Days. This five-day event showcases small-town USA and features a parade, carnival, concerts and a variety of unique activities that have been a tradition for over 100 years.
Genoa Candy Dance
The Candy Dance Arts and Crafts Faire is on the last full weekend of September each year. Come to Genoa and enjoy over 300 craft and food vendors with live music, and of course the world famous candy!
Each October The Corley Ranch celebrates fall with its Harvest Festival, featuring a corn maze, pig races, miniature horse rides, pick-your-own-pumpkins and other fun activities.
Aviation Roundup Air Show
The Minden-Tahoe Airport plays host to the Aviation Roundup Air Show in October. The Air Show is dedicated to veterans to honor and thank the many fine men and women who have served or are serving our Country. This family fun event features national and international performers, Warbirds, static aircraft displays, and vintage aircraft.
Christmas in the Valley
Join us in December for a delightful family holiday season with tree lightings, concerts, a craft marketplace, breakfast with Santa, and the Parade of Lights.
YEAR AT A GLANCE
- Eagles and Agriculture
- Topaz Lodge Fishing Derby through mid-April
- ELKS Annual Crab Feed
- Douglas County Historical Society Melodrama
- Carson Valley Inn Clay Shooting Weekend
- All-You-Can-Eat Crab and Tri-Tip Dinner
- Snowshoe Thompson Celebration, Cross Country Ski and Snowshoe Tour
- Minden Rotary Beast Feast
- Gotta Dance Suicide Prevention Fundraiser
- Easter Festivities throughout the Valley
- Carson Valley Inn Spring Stag Golf Outing
- Genoa Western Heritage Day
- Main Street Gardnerville’s Third Thursday Wine Walks, through September
- May the Fourth Be With You
- Farmers Markets begin, through September
- Big Mama’s Show & Shine Classic Car Show
- Minden GE Family Concerts in the Park begin
- Movie in the Park begins
- Carson Valley Days
- Annual Kids Fishing Derby
- Pony Express Re-Ride
- Genoa Concerts on the Green begin
- Dangberg Home Ranch summer events begin
- Wings of Freedom
- American Century Celebrity Golf Championship Tournament
- Town of Minden 4th of July Celebration
- Genoa Americana Celebration and BBQ
- Freedom 5K Fun Run and Yankee Doodle Dash
- Grillin’ and Chillin’ BBQ Cook-off
- Hot August Nights Poker Run lunch stop in Minden Park
- Main Street Show and Shine in Minden
- Antique Tractor Show
- American Legends & Wild Horses
- Douglas County Junior Rodeo
- Splash Dogs
- Topaz Lodge Cruz’n Sierra Show & Shine Car Show
- Edible Pedal
- Genoa Candy Dance Dinner and Dance
- Genoa Candy Dance Arts & Crafts Faire
- The Corley Ranch Harvest Festival & Pumpkin Patch
- Fall Harvest and Scarecrow Festival
- Slaughterhouse Lane Coffin Races
- Aviation Roundup
- Carson Valley Arts Council Winter Concert Series begins
- Douglas County Historical Society Cemetery Tour
- Carson Valley Art Association Art Show
- Young at Heart Holiday Craft Fair
- Small Business Saturday
- Carson Valley Christmas Kickoff, Heritage Park, Gardnerville
- Gazebo and Tree Lighting, Minden Park, Minden
- Parade of Lights
- Breakfast with Santa in Genoa