5 Things to Do in June!
Spring has sprung in grand style. The weather is consistently warm, and the wildflowers are putting on a major show. Staying inside is getting harder and harder, so here are a few creative ideas for things to do in June.
- Camp at Topaz Lake Park. From tent and RV spaces, to undeveloped camping, Topaz Lake is a great place to catch fish from the shore or a boat. The warm weather makes the water even more inviting for kayaks and stand up paddle boards. Head out for a day in the sun.
- Enjoy a meal on the patio at your favorite restaurant. Get a taste of Carson Valley’s fresh air with outdoor seating at: Minden Meat and Deli, Overland Restaurant & Pub, Sierra Chef, The Pink House, Cook’d, Genoa Bar, JT Basque, Country Club, Khristopher’s Ristorante, Grill Next Door, Genoa Country Store, Jerry’s Grill, Genoa Station, Woodette’s, JJ’s Mexican, Francisco’s, Corner Bar. You can also continue to order take-out and find a place to watch for wildlife while the sun sets.
- With four stunning golf courses, players get a scenic and diverse set of experiences all on well-maintained high country greens set against the impressive Sierra Nevada. Golfers enjoy the quiet serenity of the Carson Valley on courses that rival other more well-known courses at the lake or Reno. Bring your game, your love for the outdoors, and your focus as the visual distractions are everywhere. From the high value offerings at Sunridge to the classic tradition of the Carson Valley Golf Course, to the challenging Genoa Lakes or Ranch courses, golfers at all skill levels will have the perfect day hitting the links.
- Go to a farmers market. Outside and safe social distancing makes this an ideal way to shop for fresh produce, eggs, baked goods, and many other things. There are two in the valley to choose from. Tuesday evenings on Esmeralda in Minden, from 4-8PM, and Wednesday mornings from 8AM-1PM, at Heritage Park in Gardnerville.
- Last but not least, hug, fist-bump, or wave to a graduate. Whether it’s high school, kindergarten or 8th grade, they all deserve to be congratulated for their hard work and achievements.
Share your adventures with us on social media by tagging @CarsonValleyNevada and using #WhyCV. We look forward to seeing you soon!